Host Organisation – Executive Summary:
- Care providers are responsible for all aspects of patient care, including research participation.
- All research studies being undertaken must follow the guidelines of the Research Governance Framework.
- The Framework applies to any research taking place within your organisation. This also includes day care or community team settings.
- All staff, no matter how junior or senior involved in research must follow the guidelines set.
- Remember these responsibilities will apply to all research carried out in your organisation; even by those who are not direct members of staff.
- Indemnity - it is your responsibility that the indemnity would cover any proposed research being undertaken, this should be clarified with your insurance company
What this achieves:
- The framework improves research quality and helps to safeguard patients.
- Research governance ensures all checks are in place and that all research projects have been reviewed as set out by the Framework.
- Ensures all research is conducted to high ethical standard.
- Highlights channels of patient focus research
Normally as a host organisation you would not hold sponsorship for a study
Host organisation - your responsibilityResponsibility of a Principal Investigator